Consulting for Municipalities & Communities
Our experience in the field of consulting for municipalities and communities began in 2004 in Nova Kakhovka (Khersonska Oblast). In 2005 we worked in Komsomolsk (now Horishni Plavni, Poltavska Oblast) and Novgorod-Siversky (Chernihivska Oblast). In 2018, our team has established the West Cherkaschyna Tourist Cluster, and we already have some wonderful cases in Uman, the second most important city of Cherkaska Oblast, in a very promising and interesting direction. In addition, in 2019 we coordinated elaboration of the Road Map of the Competitiveness of the Travel and Tourism Industry of Ukraine, commissioned by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. That is why we have 19 years of experience working with municipalities and communities.
Sea of Azov Macro-Destination Development
In 2020-21 Oleksandr Fainin was a Tourism Sector Lead in USAID. He led the project of the Sea of Azov Macro-Destination development. Sea of Azov region included five big flourishing regions in Donetska, Zaporizka and Khersonska oblasts with total population more than 1.2M people. Our team worked for 1.5 years and achieved considerable results. Here is what we have achieved during this time:
1. Conduction of trainings on the creation of tourist products, cultural and historical heritage and cluster management of tourist destinations. It covers more than 800 entrepreneurs, government officials and educational institutions, artists, public figures working in the field of tourism.
2. Launch of powerful advertising campaign for the region’s tourist opportunities. Creation the video “Explore Azov” and the tourist brand #colourfulAzov.
3. Completion of grant program for entrepreneurs, local authorities and public associations working in the field of tourism in Donetsk, Zaporizhia, and Kherson Oblast.
4. Creation of The Road Map of Tourism Development of the Azov Region 2021-2030. 200 pages, which contain an analysis of the current situation, development strategy and macro destination management system.
5. Creation of Azov DMO and Azov Tourism Supervisory Board as well as Azov Tourist Information Centers network development had started.
6. Extension of tourist season activities: development of SPA & Health resorts; increasing of MICE facilities; development of new festival, ethnic and cultural tourism products.
7. Creation of the Melitopol Cherry Museum Concept and Mariupol Tourism Infrastructure Investment Strategy.
8. Organization and holding of events, forums, competitions, meetings, etc. including Koktebel Jazz Festival on Arabatska Spit.
U-LEAD with Europe Municipality Development Program
In 2021-22 we also took a part in the Senior Ukrainian Short-term Expertise – Local Projects of Regional Significance in Tourism and Recreation in the U-LEAD with Europe. We provided consulting services to Ukrainian municipalities for the development of tourism and hospitality projects. The consulting assignment was part of the project’s Local Projects of Regional Significance Initiative that aimed to support municipalities in developing full-fledged project concepts that are ready for funding by international and nation financing institutions. 17 projects of 70 communities of Ukraine in the field of tourism and hospitality have been developed. 7 of them were selected. Accompanied projects in preparation for investment.
What We Offer
Extensive experience in the field of consulting services shows that the success of integrated territorial development depends on several factors. The most important of these is that the local authorities understand the importance of attracting experienced professionals and are ready to cooperate and then actively participate in the implementation of the development program. No matter how good the development strategy does not involve the experts involved, it is implemented by those who reside directly in the territory. Our proposal is a comprehensive approach where, after writing a development strategy, our experts monitor the process of infrastructure development on the ground.
We offer a range of services to increase the standard of living of locals, attract investment in infrastructure and increase the number of tourists who visit your region, city or village. We are ready to cooperate with both local authorities and united territorial communities. Our specialists will perform a full range of services – from branding and strategy writing to implementation of specific projects. Therefore, we offer the following list of services:
- Strategy of economic development through the prism of tourism;
- PR campaigns conducting;
- Trainings for officials and employees;
- Holding events and forums;
- Creation and management of clusters and DMO (destination management company);
- IT solutions and SMM;
- Personnel optimization and recruiting;
- Infrastructure solutions.